Dev Blog: New Feature – Armory
09.27.16 | 5:13
The upcoming SWC update brings the release of Equipment Data Fragments, Equipment, and the Armory! In preparation, we wanted to go over each of the major release elements:
What are Equipment Data Fragments?
- Data Fragments are obtained from Supply Crates and are used to unlock and upgrade Equipment at the Armory.
- Players must collection a certain amount of data fragments before they are able to unlock Equipment.
What is the Armory?
- The Armory is new building that unlocks at HQ6 and allows players to activate unlocked Equipment.
- Players can upgrade their armory to increase the number of concurrently active pieces of Equipment.
What is Equipment?
- Equipment provides the player a bonus to the stats of the affected unit/structure along with a new “skin” or visual change.
- Equipment may be location/planet-dependent (e.g.: Snowtrooper Equipment only active during a battle on Hoth)
- Equipment is Unlocked once a Player gathers the appropriate number and type of Equipment data fragments. The unlock is permanent but the Equipment must be activated at the Armory to apply its bonus.
- Equipment is upgraded in the Research Lab with the same unique Equipment data fragments used to unlock the Equipment.
- During the upgrade time, players may not perform other upgrades at the Research Lab.
- Equipment is activated in the Armory.
- Equipment can be deactivated/activated at any time the player has access to the armory. There is no cooldown.